13th Hong Kong Mineral Fair
The Wonderful World of Minerals
Friday and Saturday 19-20 April 2019
The fair is open to the public on Friday and Saturday 19-20 April 2019, 10 am to 7 pm.
The venue will be available for set-up on Friday 19 April 2019 from 8 am to 10 am.
The venue will be available for clean-up on Saturday 20 April from 7 pm to 8pm.
Venue: The Auditorium, 1/F the BGCA Building, 3 Lockhart Road, Wanchai
Transport: There is no public parking at the venue, but it is well served by public transport.
Take the MTR to Wanchai station, exit C, and follow the signs to the Mineral Fair (about 5 minutes’ walk)
Security: Exhibitors are responsible for their own goods; no secure storage is available at the venue, although the hall is locked overnight.
Cost: HK $1,800 per table (3ft x 6 ft).
Lighting: Overhead lighting gives background illumination. Each table will be provided with an electrical socket, and exhibitors should bring their own lamps if they need brighter light.
Advice for Exhibitors
If you are an experienced exhibitor then you will know what works for you. If you are new to exhibiting we offer the following advice:
– Label all your specimens with the name of the mineral and the locality, if known;
– Put a price on all your specimens, even if you are willing for purchasers to negotiate;
– Have minerals in different price brackets, some cheap ones for children who are starting a collection and some collector’s pieces for the connoisseur;
– If you are selling equipment or books, have some large mineral or fossil specimens to make your display more eye-catching;
– Have some packing material available for the specimens which you sell; and
– We ask that any minerals which have been dyed or otherwise artificially treated are clearly labeled to that effect.
For further enquiries please contact
Sam Yung at (852) 2696 5616 (Chinese), Anthea Strickland at (852) 2857 3464 (English)
or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org